[CentOS] DNS CNAME question

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Thu Oct 25 16:25:34 UTC 2007

Rogelio wrote:
> Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question (and if so,
> please point me to a better listserv), but is there anything "wrong"
> RFC or best practice wise with pointing a CNAME record to a DNS server?

Of course not... it is completely off-topic for a CentOS list.
Since you are relying on their (free) service it is a good idea to ask
everydns what they support ... Looks like
http://faq.everybox.com/general/what-NS-set-should-I-use has your answer.
I can tell you that using CNAMEs for name servers is just not going to work.

--
Said one park ranger, 'There is considerable overlap between the
 intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'