[CentOS] self signed ssl cert on C5

Brian Mathis brian.mathis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:45:42 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a pointer to correct documantation for generating and
> installing a self signed ssl cert for use on httpd on a C-5 machine?
>
> The docs say to use genkey but AFAIK upstream rm'd crypto-utils from the
> distro and as such it is not available. I tried generating the cert on a C-4
> machine using genkey and installing on the C-5 machine but I get the following
> error when I try to connect:
>
> [...]
>
> Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong here? Google is not being helpful
> and I am getting frustrated. I wish I better understood open ssl. :-(
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Tom Diehl               tdiehl at rogueind.com             Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com

You might find a bunch of guides online that give you ways to do it
using openssl, but C5 has a Makefile already set up to do this for
you.  Steps:
1. cd /etc/pki/tls/certs
2. make testcert
3. restart apache

The default ssl.conf file points to the localhost.* files that are
generated by this command.