[CentOS] Large scale Postfix/Cyrus email system for 100, 000+ users

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Fri Oct 26 09:45:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:47:00 -0400
"Matt Shields" <mattboston at gmail.com> wrote:

> But, since numerous people have stated how mysql is inadequate to do
> what we want to do or in general for any task.  We currently use mysql
> in a replicated environment with LVS to balance the connections for
> our main websites that is all dynamic.  Last time I checked we were
> sustaining thousands of visitors per second 24 hours a day, which
> equaled about 3-4 thousand queries per second.

Coming late into this thread ... but some firsthand expirience from 300k pfix/cyrus webmail system: everything in mysql (webmail stuff, all pfix lookups, some other things) and mysql machine (nothing special, dual xeon, two mirrored disks) was picking its nose most of the time with load less than 0.3.

> I think the main problem when people say you shouldn't use this
> product or that product because it's not good enough is they haven't
> set it up properly.  They haven't taken the time to tune the server,
> the daemon, and the application.

Fully agree.

> Anyway, back to my original request.  You can use the "transport_maps"
> feature to dynamically lookup lmtp transports on a per account basis.
> I have figured it out, and for those that are curious I will post when
> I've finished documenting everything.

Sure you can. Isn't it obvious? :)

--

Jure Pečar