[CentOS] kernel-2.6.18-8.1.15

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Oct 30 13:37:00 UTC 2007

David Hrbáč wrote:
> Akemi Yagi napsal(a):
>> You never had this problem under 2.6.18-8.1.14 ?  That is curious. I
>> do not know exactly how far back this started happening, but it must
>> be quite sometime ago.  Guess Johnny can tell us more.
>>

> Yes, I have pointed it out in the very first post. A new ICH9 patched
> kernel builds are done in 2.6.18-8.1.14 again, smoothly.

As far as this particular problem goes, it is hit and miss.

I might get 3 or 4 failures in ten kernel builds ... though it is always
on a module signing.

I have not noticed if it happens more or less often on which kernels as
I always just build my kernel via mock anyway, as that is how we build
them for release.

Because of this problem, I have even started building all my kernels via
mock (and everything else I build except kmod packages).

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes