[CentOS] RAID + LVM Addition to CentOS 5 Install

Nick Webb webbn at acm.org
Tue Sep 4 14:56:55 UTC 2007

Hi Alain,

On 9/4/07, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> You have all the history of your lvm volumes in /etc/lvm/archive|backup
> search for the missing id in the archive to understand what append !
>
> Does raid synchronization was ended before your have created your new
> PV or before to reboot. It should not change anything, but just an
> idea.

I will check that.  I found those files before, but had no direction on them.

Anyone have an idea on how to capture the output of LVM on boot?  It
goes by pretty fast then reboots, I have only 1 or 2 seconds to write
it down before it reboots.  Took me 2 or 3 reboots just to get the
gist of the message last time.

I've tried using a serial console (append options to grub:
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,38400), but the errors don't show up on the
serial console only on the real console.  If I could get it to output
to the serial console, it would be much easier to track down the
volumes with errors.

Nick