[CentOS] unable to add IP address to eth0:0 eth0:1 etc

umair shakil umairshakeel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:44:51 UTC 2007

Dear Ray,

I think u should need to explain whole scenario what u actually want???
i suppose Karanbir is not getting what u want.... Please clear ur
confusions....

secondly by adding the IPs with this cammand just only changes the ip of
running interface..... what when u reboot the system????
try modifying this:

vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and so on

Regards,

Umair Shakil
ETD
Pakistan