[CentOS] How to upgrade WBEL4 to CentOS4?

Mon Sep 10 17:54:07 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 01:03 -0400, Eric B. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a couple of servers that are running WBEL4 that I would like to
> upgrade to CentOS4.  I noticed that there is a FAQ which explains how to
> upgrade WBEL3 to CentOS3, but haven't found anything similar for WBEL4.
>
> Are the instructions for the WBEL3 upgrade the same for WBEL4?  Should I be
> doing something else instead?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The RHEL-5 to CentOS-5 advice quoted on
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/MigrationGuide
should be applicable:

"All that you should need to do is install centos-release, remove
redhat-release rpms and just yum update the machine, which should bring
in all packages changed by CentOS ( since they will have a slightly
higher E-V-R )." - per KaranbirSingh on centos-list

Phil