[CentOS] CentOS 5 on IA64

James A. Peltier

jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Sep 11 23:16:28 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am looking for information on when CentOS 5 will be available for
IA64.  I found this forum posting but no responses

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8714&forum=45

I am looking to perform a large migration of about 500 workstations from
various Suse and Red Hat versions to CentOS to standardize some what.
Because I have to support x86 (32 & 64) and IA64 it would be nice to do
this all at once.   I know that CentOS 4.5 supports all the platforms
listed, but if it's going to come out soon I'll just wait as it offers
my users a lot more in terms of packages and support.

BTW: Anyone out there have CentOS on SGI Altix?

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE
E-Mail  : jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca