[CentOS] Installation troubles

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 12 19:10:32 UTC 2007

Chuck Campbell wrote:
>> If you want to keep the driver in-place even when the kernel updates, you
>> might want to investigate the weak-updates process and how you might get a
>> driver included into that. Pretty much everything you need to make it
>> happen would be on the system already.
>>

> Where do I find info about this?  I suspect I will need to do this with
> every kernel update???

how exactly where you planning on managing out-of-tree kernel drivers otherwise ?

btw, since this is a stable distro you are using, the chances are that the same
driver will work through the life of the product. Try this command :
/sbin/weak-modules and register the driver you have against that. Then reinstall
  the updated kernel and the driver should move along.

I shall try and do some more specific docs on this, in the centos wiki, over the
next few days.