[CentOS] Document Scanning and Storage

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Wed Sep 12 23:51:25 UTC 2007

1) Lease a good copier/scanner that handles large scanning capacity and can scan
to PDF.

2) Get a good batch OCR program that will take an image-based PDF and create a
PDF text overlay (so the PDF can be full-text indexed).

3) Buy a good document management program, preferably one that can do drag-n-drop
document sorting/indexing.

You can get all 3 from Ricoh, they have a very good copier/scanner with a
proprietary but easy-to-use document management system (based on FreeBSD) that
is completely web based and completely integrates with the copier/scanner. A
good product for a SMB.

-Ross