[CentOS] Re: hardware raid vs fake raid

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Sep 13 15:41:57 UTC 2007

Sebastian Walter wrote:
> As far as I see, the Adaptex AAC-RAID card is a SATA card, while
> Adaptec's SAS cards are called AIC, ASC/ASR or ASR (please correct me if
> I'm wrong! Accept my apologies in advance if I am).

I have 8 SAS disks on my AAC-RAID card:

# arcconf getconfig 1
Physical Device information
       Device #0
          Device is a Hard drive
          State                         : Online
          Supported                     : Yes
          Transfer Speed                : SAS 3.0 Gb/s
          Reported Channel,Device       : 0,0
          Reported Enclosure,Slot       : 0,0
          Vendor                        : IBM-ESXS
          Model                         : ST3300555SS
          Firmware                      : BA33
          Serial number                 : 3LM0JKE2
          World-wide name               : 5000C5000226E7C0
          Size                          : 286102 MB
          Write Cache                   : Enabled (write-back)
          FRU                           : 39R7356
          PFA                           : No

But maybe lspci is wrong, as it is in fact an IBM serveraid card
(made by adaptec)?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk