[CentOS] [CentOS 5] tftp-server, unable to create new files (even with "-c" option)

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Sep 13 16:22:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Davide Grandis wrote:

> Yes, forgot to mention, sorry.
>
> SELinux is disabled, otherwise TFTP would be completely filtered out.

I have SELinux and tftp working together without any trouble. I first
used audit2allow to write a module:

   grep tftp /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M tftpwrite

Here's the resulting tftpwrite.pp file:

----- %< -----
module tftpwrite 1.0;
require {
   class file write;
   type tftpd_t;
   type tftpdir_t;
   role system_r;
};
allow tftpd_t tftpdir_t:file write;

I compiled and activated it with semodule:

   semodule -i tftpwrite.pp

Then make sure that the filename to which you want to write exists, is
world-writable, and has the correct file contexts. If I wanted to
write to /tftpboot/foo, for example, it ought to look like

-rw-rw-rw-  root root user_u:object_r:tftpdir_t    /tftpboot/foo