[CentOS] tftp-server, unable to create new files (even with "-c" option)

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Thu Sep 13 18:08:12 UTC 2007

R P Herrold wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>
> > Just to make sure, is the /tftpboot directory set to perms 777?
>
> Not that that parent directory (/tftpboot) requires (or should
> ever have) anything like that to work
>
>   -- why the voodoo suggestion?

Because if you are allowing any old anonymous user to write to
that directory then why would one care if you only allowed group
'nobody' to write there?

You could set it to 755 and create a 'cisco' dir underneath with
777, but I would leave that for when it's working.

Chances are though everything under /tftpboot is subject to
modification and /tftpboot will need to be a separate volume to
protect against DoS through filling up the disk drive.

-Ross