[CentOS] Cron set_loginuid failed opening loginuid errors.

Steven Haigh

netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Sep 15 02:15:30 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've had this error rear it's ugly head again and I'm not exactly
sure why. The output in /var/log/message is:

  crond[14764]: pam_loginuid(crond:session): set_loginuid failed
opening loginuid
  crond[14765]: pam_loginuid(crond:session): set_loginuid failed
opening loginuid
  crond[14811]: pam_loginuid(crond:session): set_loginuid failed
opening loginuid
  crond[14842]: pam_loginuid(crond:session): set_loginuid failed
opening loginuid

This seems to happen every 5 minutes. Probably caused by the cacti
cron jobs running. It looks to have started after the last krb5
updates - however this could be coincidence.

$ cat crond
#
# The PAM configuration file for the cron daemon
#
#
auth       sufficient pam_rootok.so
auth       required   pam_env.so
auth       include    system-auth
account    required   pam_access.so
account    include    system-auth
#session    required   pam_loginuid.so
session    include    system-auth

I commended out pam_loginuid.so - as I remember reading somewhere
that this was the cause of this issue, however it hasn't made a
difference this time...

Does anyone have any insight in this?

--
Steven Haigh