[CentOS] CentOS-4.5 and LG cd-rom/dvd burner

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Wed Sep 19 15:36:55 UTC 2007

On Sep 19, 2007, at 9:32 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:

> I would like to burn the cd-rom iso's of CentOS-5.0 on my desktop
> machine,
> which is running CentOS-4.5.  Is there a site or other reference
> that can
> provide me with a detailed, hand held, step-by-step, blow-by-blow
> description on how to do this for my installation?

i don't have such a guide at my fingertips, but try this procedure
first:

1) open the File Browser and navigate to the directory containing the
ISOs.
2) right-click on the first ISO.
3) select "Write to Disc..."
4) Make sure that your LG drive is selected in the "Write disc to:"
field.
5) Insert a blank CD.
6) Click "Write".
7) Repeat for other ISOs.

more documentation on CD burning is here:

http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-sbs-en-4/s1-disks-cdrw.html

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v