[CentOS] vsftp question ?

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 11:08:58 UTC 2007

PASIVE vs ACTIVE depend on witch one, the server or the client will
open the DATA connection first, this is the client that decide. This
is useful if the client is behind a firewall
not able to make connection tracking on ftp sessions.

Use sftp instead of ftp. sftp is already running if sshd is running.

On 9/22/07, Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to setup vsftp on centos 4.5. 2 types of ftp. they  are active and
> pasive. What is the default type ftp type o CentOS ?
>
> Is is PASIVE ftp?
>
> in /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf, I found below line. What should I do for below
> line?
>
> # Make sure PORT transfer connections originate from port 20 (ftp-data).
> connect_from_port_20=YES
>
> Should I COMMENT it out?  I need a very secure ftp service.
>

> YOUR ideas?
>

> --
> Thank you
> Indunil Jayasooriya