[CentOS] vmware server 1.0.4 and centos 4.5 i386 install

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Sep 24 18:12:05 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I tried to install centos 4.5 i386 as a guest on an AMD x2 machine today.
It told me it did not find any install media. I had created an 8G disk
for it.
Is there a SCSI driver I need to "Add" when prompted? I have never used SCSI
and dont know which SCSI controller vmware is emulating.

What driver do I need to load?

I was then surprised some time later when my machine locked up. Typically
my machine is fine. only thing different is today I install vmware
server 1.0.4.
After the reboot it has been fine again - but I have not restarted vmware.

Thanks,

Jerry