[CentOS] Zoneminder-1.22.3-6.fc7.i386.rpm has dependency errors on Centos5 server-how to fix?

umair shakil umairshakeel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 03:59:10 UTC 2007

Dear Salam,

"Missing Dependency: perl(Device::SerialPort) is needed by package
zoneminder"

Have you ever used "CPAN" for perl. if you donot know than i am not telling
you the
whole procedure. Please read about CPAN its very very handy for filling Perl
dependencies.

Well, you can also download the source package from CPAN website. Here is
the link

http://search.cpan.org/~cook/Device-SerialPort-1.003001/SerialPort.pm

Down load it in /usr/local and extract here. Always remember
search.cpan.orgits a new world
for PERL.

Regards,

Umair Shakil