[CentOS] Re: /boot partition or not on C5

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Sep 25 16:22:58 UTC 2007

on 9/24/2007 10:29 PM mark pryor spake the following:
> hello,
>
> the last 3 times I installed C5, the MBR was unchanged and nothing was
> written into /boot/grub except splash.xbm.gz
>
> there were no stage* files, nor a menu.lst
> I know how to fix that.
>
> Would I have better luck using a partition mounted as /boot?
> Anyone succeded with Grub that way? I prefer not having to do surgery to
> get C5 to boot :)
>
> --
> Mark
I always use a small /boot partition, but I have been in Linux long enough
(mid 90's) that nothing used to boot on a partition over 1024 cylinders, not
grub, not lilo. Once you find something that works, you tend to keep using it.
Call me old and stale!  ;-P

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and