[CentOS] Newbie: how to install from Windows?

umair shakil umairshakeel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 04:34:07 UTC 2007

Dear Salam,

Yes, these iso images first you have to burn on CD or simply make it a
bootable CentOs 4.5
CD. Just like you have windows bootable CD.

There is no need to unzip the files as it makes no sense. just burn the CDs
with these
iso images.

Secondly, in centos.org website there is also availibility of "Server CD
image" comprise
of one iso image only, means you have the server addition on single CD. But
here u can use
CentOs only as command line not GUI, The GUI can be installed with "yum" as
well...

Regards,

Umair Shakil
Askari Bank Limited