[CentOS] too many links error when creating directories

umair shakil umairshakeel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 04:45:57 UTC 2007

Salam,

CentOs or RedHat flavours donot come up with "Reiserfs support by default".
u can install
it using like

yum install enablerepo=centosplus reiserfs-utils

please confirm the command as i used this long time ago....

Suppose, u want to /var to be reiserfs supported, u have to format /var with
resierfs, there is no need to format whole OS.

Long time, i used this scenario, but unfortunately donot remember the
procedure
i know when i did, it was tricky.... soon as i get any help i will update.

Regards

Umair Shakil
ETD