[CentOS] PHP help required

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:33:39 UTC 2007

On 9/28/07, umair shakil <umairshakeel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all Salam!!!
>
> i am using php+mysql for jffnms. i installed php myadmin for mysql
> administration. after login to
> phpmyadmin it says mbstring missing.....
>
> i search the yum has php-mbstring.... but when i install it using yum it
> says:
>
> php 4.3.9 update
> php-snmp update

This simply means that in addition to installing the php-mbstring
package, you need to update php and php-snmp as well.

> My question is if install php-mbstring, will php be effected and shows
> abnormal behaviour to jffnms????

The php behavior should not change, as it's a minor bugfix update. If
you were jumping from php 4 to php5, then you might expect some
changes in behavior. Since you're not, you should be just fine.

George Orwell