[CentOS] raid1 custom initrd and yum

Sam Beam

sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Tue Apr 1 05:45:28 UTC 2008

OK sorry to hammer the list but one more question - having almost got the
drives mirrored and happy - since I have created a custom initrd that has the
raid1 drivers in it, do I now have to tell yum to ignore kernel updates? Will
the stock kernel render me unbootable?

Actually I am not 100% sure the initrd I created

# mkinitrd -f --preload=raid1 /mnt/tmp/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`

is even being used, because lsmod still lists a raid1 module. Wouldn't it
be "embedded" in the running kernel and thus not in the module list?

either way I am a little confused and this is important ;)

best regards and thanks to all for the help,
Sam