[CentOS] atrpms nvidia cannot load

John jses27 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:59:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 06:26 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:14 AM, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 14:18 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> >  >
> >  > So I went to www.nvidia.com, downloaded the package and built it myself.
> >  > Works like a charm. And updates end up in weak-updates anyway :oD
> >  >
> >  > Niki
> >
> >  Right it just works. But remember every Kernel Upgrade You Have to
> >  Reinstall the Driver. Don't forget....
>
> Normally yes, but Niki says the driver goes to weak-updates upon
> kernel update.  Wonder if this actually eliminated the need for
> rebuilding in his case.
>
> Akemi

Ahh, I know what he's talking about now. When you install the module it
will go out to nvidia to check for newer kernel modules. It prompts you
for a choice to build one or get one download one from nvidia. I always
build the module when I do a kernel upgrade. Now keep in mind my nvidea
card is way older than his and I use the older drivers that as of now
will not be updated anymore. The newer driver packages from them may
include different options. Like for instance the weekly updates???
Maybe??

~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079