[CentOS] centos 5.1 x86_64 and ztdummy

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Apr 2 18:32:08 UTC 2008

Anyone out there using Centos 5.1 asterisk (ztdummy) x86_64,
2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 kernel?

I seem to be having problems with simple playback on asterisk().

If I do the normal service zaptel start (my configs have 0 hardware
cards for asterisk)
ztdummy is loaded and when doing a playback() I head no audio.
If I unload ztdummy and do the same I hear playback.

Please dont jump the gun hear and say this is an asterisk issue as I
dont think so...

This seems to be kernel related. perhaps an RTC (real time clock) thing?

This version of asterisk has always worked for me before on centos 5.1
but now there is a newer kernel.

Any one know anything about this?

Jerry