[CentOS] Re: sendmail aliases

Chris Miller centos at scratchspace.com
Wed Apr 2 20:46:42 UTC 2008

John Plemons wrote:
> Real simple answer, switch to Postfix and dump sendmail.  Then edit your
> alias file to add the aliases, run newaliases and you're done...

I just don't understand why people still gripe about Sendmail. Yeah,
it was a force to be reckoned with in the early days, but it's
stupid simple to configure these days, and it's pretty much the
default in most *nix distributions. Aside from some folks being
intimidated by the thought of mc files and running m4, it's pretty
much *as simple* to configure as Postfix.

If Postfix works for you, hey great, you're free to run whatever you
want. Telling someone to switch MTAs in the context of "how do I
restore previous functionality in a program I choose to use" is not
very constructive.

Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but just had to say
something.

Regards,
	Chris