[CentOS] Applications staying open in Gnome

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 3 19:04:00 UTC 2008

CentOs 5.1 updated with Gnome as desktop. I notice that after a reboot
some applications reappear mysteriously. It seems that the last
application that was closed *before* reboot reappears.
For instance I had gedit appearing for some time, opened with a blank
"unknown document". Now I'm getting the hardware manager/soundcard section
opened on the desktop each time I reboot because that was the last
application I had open *and* closed a few reboots ago. I haven't tried
many other applications as I do not use many.
Applications that do not behave like this are terminal and the file
manager. They appear like normal on the screen if they were open before
the reboot. The only oddity about them is that if two of them were open
only one reappears and terminal never opens on the position it was before.
That may be a shortcoming of the Gnome window manager. But the other
applications reappearing in that way seems odd.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany