[CentOS] Apache Authorization Access Control - location ofhtpasswd in Centos 5.1?

Thomas Dukes tdukes at sc.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 14:12:05 UTC 2008

  _____

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Pam Astor
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 9:57 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: RE: [CentOS] Apache Authorization Access Control - location
ofhtpasswd in Centos 5.1?

/passwd/passwords> > famsite but apparently htpasswd is not in my path, I'm
getting the "cannot> > create file /passwd/passwords famsite" error.> >> >>
>> > Anyone know where the default location of htpasswd is on a centos 5.1>
> install? Or how to generate a password file on a centos 5.1 install?> > >
There's a utility called 'which' you can use to discover the location> of
certain apps you want to learn about.
> > Thanks! Ok I ran /usr/bin/htpasswd -c /passwd/passwords famsite as root,
and still got
> > the cannot create file error.
>
> Does the /passwd directory exist?

It does now.  It did not when I first ran the command, however
I just created the directory /passwd/passwords
and re ran the command as root, and still no luck.

PS, I think there are some permission requirements for the directory and
file as well.  I think they have to be owned by 'apache'.

  _____

Pack up or back up-use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies.
Learn how.
<hthttp://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refre
sh_skydrive_packup_042008>