[CentOS] CentOS 5.1 x86 medium installation problems

Ioannis Vranos ivranos at freemail.gr
Mon Apr 7 14:01:46 UTC 2008

Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 07/04/2008, *Ioannis Vranos* <ivranos at freemail.gr
> <mailto:ivranos at freemail.gr>> wrote:
>
>     The same things happen with Scientific Linux 5.1 x86 installation
>     DVD, so perhaps it is a Red Hat EL 5.1 x86 DVD issue?
>

> This has to be a hardware specific issue as two distros fail to install.
> Perhaps if you were to post your hardware specs, someone may spot an
> obvious problem.

Do you mean use a command or something?

By heart, my system is:

CPU: Pentium III 1 GHz, FSB 133 MHz, 1 GB RAM.
Motherboard: ASUS CUV-4XE with the latest BIOS update.

My system passes memtest86+ 1.70 default tests.

SL 5.0 x86 and CentOS 5.0 x86 installation DVDs work OK.

SL 5.1 x86 and CentOS 5.1 x86 installation DVDs fail to install.