[CentOS] Setting clock rate on CentOS kernel

Ben Mills

bjmills at hwy39.net
Mon Apr 7 16:20:30 UTC 2008

Last evening I updated my Cent 5 server to 5.1. All went flawlessly, and
it rebooted with the new kernel just fine.

How do I set the clock rate on the new kernel? According to
documentation it can be done, but everything I read is rather vague.

Check out section 3 at the URL below:
http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.1/

I'm using a 32 bit server installation (no graphical stuff) on a Dell
Poweredge 2650. I'd like to compare performance of a 100 Hz kernel
against a 1KHz kernel. It reads like it's simple enough to set the
divider if I just knew where to set it.
--
Ben