[CentOS] CentOS 5.1 x86 medium installation problems

John jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:17:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 13:17 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 14:38 +0300, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> > Hi, I had downloaded CentOS 5.1 x86 DVD image, and although it passed
> > sha1sum or md5sum test and I burned it verifying it, installation failed.
> >
> > Also if I recall correctly, when I tested the medium during install, it
> > failed although as I said the media was verified.
> >
> > ==> The same things happen with Scientific Linux 5.1 x86 installation
> > DVD, so perhaps it is a Red Hat EL 5.1 x86 DVD issue?

Whats here below is with the CD Install Discs. These are the sames
issues in my opinion.

Just to my curiosity in doing a write up for something centos related.
This is what happened; Downloaded centos 5.1 Disc used "Infra View"
under Windows to burn the image. When booting with the just burned image
it failed not finding vmlinuz. When the disc is burned with cdrtools
under X CD Roast the disc did not fail when used to boot the install.

Infra View was obtained from sorceforge and installed under Windows XP
Home Edition. This was on a Compact Presario Desktop. Both discs were
burned at a rate of 4x.
--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079