[CentOS] aide questions, please

Steve Campbell

campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Apr 9 15:39:59 UTC 2008

I'm trying out aide since tripwire doesn't seem to be in the 5. releases
anymore. I do not have Selinux on the server (no at installation), and I
just yum installed the aide rpms, so I should have the latest.

When I run my aide --init, I get all of these lines for all the files:

lgetfilecon_raw failed for /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/XLogo:No data
available

I then copy the 'new' db file to the regular db file and run aide
--check, and it seems I get the above lines all over again. It's as
though the db files aren't being read. I noticed in the preceding
release of aide that problems existed and  was related to Selinux and
the inability to read gz files. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Do
I need to do an --update or is this just when I get reports that
something has changed after the --init?

Thanks for any help and replies.

Steve Campbell