[CentOS] aide questions, please

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Apr 9 16:03:18 UTC 2008

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying out aide since tripwire doesn't seem to be in the 5. releases
>> anymore. I do not have Selinux on the server (no at installation), and I
>> just yum installed the aide rpms, so I should have the latest.
>>
>>  When I run my aide --init, I get all of these lines for all the files:
>>

> There's an aide how-to for centos5 here ->
> http://www.bofh-hunter.com/2007/12/04/centos-5-and-aide/

Thanks Jim,

Believe it or not, that's what I started out with.

After running the entire --init/--check scenario again, I see in the log
files and the output, that all files get this message, and a normal
output of what should be there showing changed and unchanged files
appear at the bottom of the log. So what is this "lgetfilecon_raw failed
for" showing up for each file saying to me? Is it a verbosity setting,
or something like that?

Thanks

steve