[CentOS] Yum equivalent of rpm -i --test

Wojtek Pilorz wpilorz at bdk.pl
Wed Apr 9 19:33:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 11:08:15AM -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> How does one do this? Reading through the man pages for yum it doesn't look like its possible? I could use rpm, but I was hoping to pull down deps through yum automagically.
>
> Thanks!
> jlc
For CentOS5, you could use yum-downloadonly plugin :
# rpm -qi yum-downloadonly  [ output shortened ]
Name        : yum-downloadonly             Relocations: (not relocatable)
Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM: yum-utils-1.0.4-3.el5.centos.2.src.rpm
URL         : http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-utils/
Summary     : Yum plugin to add downloadonly command option
Description :
This plugin adds a --downloadonly flag to yum so that yum will only download
the packages and not install/update them.