[CentOS] ssl and NameVirtualHost

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 10 09:31:20 UTC 2008

Tony Schreiner wrote on Wed, 09 Apr 2008 21:14:25 -0400:

> Does that mean
> you don't get a dialog saying the site is not verifiable?

Correct. With IE7.

> Because I sure
> do, with several browsers on different platforms.

Checked now with FF2 and get a warning. They don't recognize the
intermediate certificate (IE has it in it's certificate store) and don't
go up in the chain. That's really their fault, not yours.
It's possible that the solution that Ross explains would help, I didn't
ever need to do that. Talk to your colleague at https://www.bc.edu, they
use the same cert chain. If you don't get a warning you might be able to
get the intermediary certificate from them which might be faster than
waiting for Verisign support.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany