[CentOS] MS Exchange to CentOs (multiuser)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:49:49 UTC 2008

Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
> Is there a way to get mail from a MS Exchange server that is addressed
> as user at host.domain.com rather than the user at domain.com so that users on
> host.domain.com can read their mail on that host (CentOS).   (I'm
> assuming that Exchange needs to know about host.domain.com, somehow.)

The way mailers would know about host.domain.com is to look it up in
DNS.  They will try for an MX record first, then an A record if the MX
doesn't exist.  If that directs it to the right place, port 25 is open
between them, and the receiving machine is configured properly
everything should work.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com