[CentOS] Strange reboots

Brett Serkez bserkez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:23:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Linux <linuxlist at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Every 59 minutes (maybe every hour) it reboots without any logs,
>  without any traces and unfortunately with breaking software raid.
>  After reboot dmesg does not have any strange entries.

I have several both CentOS 4.1 and 5.1 servers in product no
unintended reboot issues.  I generally install with as few packages as
I can and add back what I need, and carefully review which
daemons/services are running and run as few as possible.

Might try reviewing what services you have running:

chkconfig --list | grep 3:on

and try disabling a few at a time to see if shutting down any
particular service changes behavior which would help narrow the issue.

I did have an issue with NFS under CentOS 4.x that under some
conditions locked the NFS host and it had to be manually rebooted.

Brett