[CentOS] Interface bonding?

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Fri Apr 11 17:17:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 11:24 +0100, Michael Simpson wrote:
> Certainly the 2900 will support 802.3ad or LACP natively.
>
> i found this which may be of use
>
> <http://wiki.oracle.com/page/Cisco+Systems+IOS-based+switches-+interface+bonding+and+trunking?t=anon>

So, as it turns out, it's a 2900XL, which does not support 802.3ad or
LACP at all, just a proprietary port channeling for switch interconnect
as far as I can tell.

I suppose that leaves me with just using pure software (for now, I have
an 8 port Intel Pro 100 at home that I'll look at...), but I'm unable to
get the increased throughput using mode=0.  I did notice, however, while
I was on the switch console it kept complaining about the interfaces
flapping and re-learning addresses.  My network guy here at work said
that it was bad and either the switch or the bond(s) is misconfigured
somewhere.  Any hints as to where and or what kinds of things I should
be looking at?

--Tim
/ The truth is what is; what should be is a dirty lie. \
\                 -- Lenny Bruce                       /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )