[CentOS] kickstart ks.cfg file on USB devices

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Fri Apr 11 19:24:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008, John wrote:
>On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 12:18 -0600, Milton Calnek wrote:
>> findfs comes to mind.
>>
>> other than that...
>> fdisk -l | grep
>>
>> Bill Campbell wrote:
>> > Is there an easy way to specify the proper device location for
>> > the kickstart configuration file if it is on a USB flash or USB
>> > floppy drive?  Depending on the hard disk configuration they
>> > might by /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc.
>> >
>> > On SuSE'autoyast instalattions, the system searches all available
>> > devices for an ``info'' configuration file.  Does CentOS 5.x do
>> > something similar to find a ``ks.cfg'' file?
>
>"ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg" Specify it at the command prompt at boot time. You
>may have to substitute the drive you have your Kick Start file in.....

That's a no brainer, but when I'm testing various ks.cfg files,
it's far quicker to be able to edit a file on a USB device than
to burn a new CD.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it.  If it keeps moving, regulate it.  And if it stops
moving, subsidize it -- Ronald Reagan