[CentOS] Interface bonding?

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Fri Apr 11 19:46:01 UTC 2008

Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 15:14 -0400, John wrote:

> > > They were expensive once.  Now they are end-of-life'd and you can't get
> > > a support contract or a new IOS for them.
> > >

> > Yea there 8years old and do not support todays technology. All the way
> > back to IOS 8..
>
> It's running IOS 12.0(5)WC16, but running that command in enable didn't
> work (also tried it in config).  Thanks for all of your suggestions and
> help.  It's still pretty frustrating though...

sw1-ven-nyc(config-if)#switch trunk encap ?
  dot1q  Interface uses only 802.1q trunking encapsulation when trunking
  isl    Interface uses only ISL trunking encapsulation when trunking

It supports dot1q, you need to setup a port group for the 2 interfaces
though and then configure trunking on that port group.

-Ross