[CentOS] 12V computing?

jim jim at well.com
Sat Apr 12 04:10:55 UTC 2008

12VDC is appropriate for places that don't have
other electrical supplies. these places include
automobiles and boats as well as remote regions
that use windmills, creekmills, solar panels,
car batteries, and deep discharge gel batteries,
possibly in a mix. typically there's noise and
variant voltage levels above the nominal 12VDC;
any system should be designed to work with spikes,
noise, and higher voltages--most are as a matter
of course.