[CentOS] Centos issues

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Mon Apr 14 18:03:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, William L. Maltby wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 16:56 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, hamood Iqbal wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> but if i cant solve it i will switch back to suse.
>>
>> Did you consider it to be unfriendly to compare one project with another
>> and threaten to go back if you don't get an answer.
>>
>> Did you consider it to be unfriendly to imply that the problems you have
>> are caused by CentOS and not by an action of yourself ?
>>
>> To be honest, I personally wouldn't mind if you would go back using
>> OpenSUSE because we do not need a community of whiners that lacks any
>> social skills.
>>
>> But if you intend to stay and be part of the CentOS community, I hope you
>> can change your attitude.
>
> Geez folks! Let's have a little thicker skin. Nothing wrong, IMO, with
> what was posted. OP was just sharing a strategic decision that might be
> made. I found nothing offensive there.

A "strategic decision" is the last thing that pops up in my mind when
reading that mail.

You don't switch distributions because you cannot solve something (or
because people are not helping you to solve something). Especially not if
it is something that a Google search could have helped you with.

But apparently it works to mention switching distributions :)

Maybe I should go back to Slackware ?