[CentOS] Installing Centos 5 on HP DL140 G3

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Apr 15 12:31:15 UTC 2008

John R Pierce wrote on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:45:46 -0700:

> HP raids tend to have custom microcode to implement various HP specific
> features such as media interchange between all their different systems,
> so they aren't likely going to work with the hardware vendors generic
> OEM drivers.

I see. It looks, though, like they provide the genuine LSI drivers. There
is an mptlinux-4.00.13.01 driver from 2007 at the LSI site for the SAS1068
controller while HP provides a mptlinux-4.00.13.01-2 driver. It could
still be different, but from the sights it just seems to be a newer
version.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany