[CentOS] Installing Centos 5 on HP DL140 G3

John jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:42:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 18:20 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John wrote:
> > ****See here there is a reason I said type{linuxdd} and USE A FLOPPY. A
> > usb stick is not going to do the job. I don't think you read the README!
> > ****
>
> usb keys work fine as driver disks on centos-5, the .dd image can be
> loop mounted and the contents copied out onto the root of a usb-key.

And, I say for him to use a floppy if the server has a floppy drive. Now
why?? It will take out his layer of complexity because using a the USB
Drive requires to much effort from him to comprehend on how it should be
done.

> also, its not 'linuxdd' its 'linux dd'

Yeap, you's right 'linux dd'

Well, now if he read a little bit he would get the point and figure it
out. He did not even read the Readme file about the driver to start with
and how to install it. I believe he just linked into the email and that
was it.  Maybe I'm wrong...

> You can also give dd the remote network location for the driver disk, eg
> dd=http://foo/bar.dd.img : Does not work well, if its the network
> interface you need the dd for :D

Karan, if he even would have attempted to even read the driver readme I
do not think he would be saying anaconda installer want take the driver
or what have you.
I don't know but I have got the feeling that using 'linux dd' and the
driver image will work.

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079