[CentOS] Installing Centos 5 on HP DL140 G3

John jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:40:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 09:54 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John wrote:
> > I don't know but I have got the feeling that using 'linux dd' and the
> > driver image will work.
>
> prolly will, at this point I am not sure if Kai is even making an effort
> to actually install anything. The lack of any real anaconda error
> message or content from vc#3,4,5 seems to indicate so.

Well we have made an effort and he needs to atleast try.  The worst that
could happen is it not working. Better Yet, the Disk Controller being no
good. If he is really having probs then maybe he should try a Live CD or
a HP Hardware tester (if one is available).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3285485&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4006
They have 2 different versions here for the HP DL140 G3. I think this is
what he wants -  mptlinux-4.00.13.01-2.rhel5.i686.dd.gz. That's for
'x86' and he mentioned the mpt drivers.
Main Driver Page:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/dl140g3-drivers-cert.html

Pretty new server if you ask me. Seems like it should have HP support or
service contract still. Kinda wondering why he has not called them?  If
it came from HP with RHEL then he can call them *if* he has a
'Subscription'.
--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079