[CentOS] Installing Centos 5 on HP DL140 G3

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Apr 16 14:31:12 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:51:54 +0100:

> what did VC#3,4,5 haveto say about why it failed ?

I already provided this information by myself very early on in a reply to
John. In the meantime I was able to install.
The problem was something very different. My FTP server somehow had a
hickup and wouldn't deliver the kickstart file anymore (I had stated in my
second posting I'm using kickstart, just for info). So, I realized I had
never tried a non-kickstart install before. That didn't have a problem and
didn't need additional drivers. I then checked the kickstart file and
found that I had accidentally copied and edited the wrong file and
overlooked that it gave a cdrom as the installation source. There is no cd
rom and that error message about manually choosing a driver and presenting
all those storage drivers was misleading me to believe it was looking for
the RAID driver while it actually was looking for a driver that would help
it find the CD.

Thanks for your efforts, Karanbir!

Kai

--