[CentOS] Diskless Environment

John jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 05:55:12 UTC 2008

gopinath wrote:
> out...

Ignore my previous post to you.  I see your problem and it did not
register in my brain untill today. This will not work in CentOS 5.0 or
5.1. Currently there is no workaround that is *KNOWN* to just work. That
is using the "system-config-netboot package".

You can take and do everything in the following link for the Latest
CentOS version 4 Update 6 and it will just plain out work.
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/DisklessClients . The only other option
you have if you have to run CentOS 5 and > is to use Cobbler. Cobbler is
available in the CentOS Testing repository but there is very slim
support for it. More information is available from here:
http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/  .

John