[CentOS] clamav update broken?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Apr 19 11:18:13 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> Yesterday and today I've seen clamav set for updating, but missing
> dependencies.  Is this general, or is it a mirror problem?

CentOS does not release clamav, however more than one external repo does.

What you need to do is figure out which 3rd party repo you want to get
it from, and either use priorities to give that repo priority over the
other 3rd party repos ... OR use "exclude=clamav*" in the .repo file (in
the applicable sections) to exclude those RPMS from the repo you don't
want to get them from.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes