[CentOS] rpmforge problem

John jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:43:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:47 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 14:38, John wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:33 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > For several days now I've been trying to update clamav from rpmforge
> > > without success.  Does anyone know what's likely to be the problem?
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Did you try to manually download it? Several peeps seem to be having a
> > problem with.
> > Don't Laugh I stick with what works! Has latest definitions.
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep clam
> > clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
> > clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf
> >
> I have
>
> clamav-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamtk-3.08-1.el5.rf
> clamav-devel-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamd-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> fuse-clamfs-0.9.1-1.el5.rf
> clamav-db-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
> clamav-milter-0.92.1-1.el5.rf
>
> yum tells me that an update is ready, but fails due to dependency on
> libclamav.so.3
>
> I'll try to see if I can find it manually.
>
> Anne
 yum update clamav
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
rpmforge                  100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:04
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
updates                   100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
c5-testing                100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
centosplus                100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for clamav to pack into transaction set.
clamav-0.93-2.el5.rf.i386 100% |=========================|  17 kB
00:11
---> Package clamav.i386 0:0.93-2.el5.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libclamav.so.2 for package: clamd
--> Processing Dependency: clamav = 0.91.2-1.el5.rf for package: clamd
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for clamd to pack into transaction set.
clamd-0.93-2.el5.rf.i386. 100% |=========================| 6.2 kB
00:03
---> Package clamd.i386 0:0.93-2.el5.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
Size
Updating:
 clamav                  i386       0.93-2.el5.rf    rpmforge
1.4 M
Updating for dependencies:
 clamd                   i386       0.93-2.el5.rf    rpmforge
86 k

Transaction Summary
Install      0 Package(s)
Update       2 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 1.4 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y

I have no prob doing it. Maybe try updating your fuse filesystem first
then you fuse clamfs. Also im not running clamav milter.

Ralph made me do this!!!!!

~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079