[CentOS] Re: fdisk partition table plus sign

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Mon Apr 21 17:30:42 UTC 2008

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> What does the plus sign after the blocks value exactly mean in the fdisk
> output? Some research reveals that it indicates that not all the blocks
> are included in the fdisk value. But what does this exactly mean?

Those blocks are 1024 bytes each, so you'll see that "+" when the
partition contains an odd number of 512-byte sectors.  That's all
it means.  The root cause is that the usual pseudo-geometry used
is 63 sectors/track and 255 heads, which results in a "cylinder"
with an odd number of sectors.

                 Do NOT delete it.